Governor Gregoire has proclaimed May 9-16 as AmeriCorps Week.
A copy of the proclamation is attached as well as a photograph of the Governor with seven AmeriCorps members who attended the proclamation signing last Friday. Please share these items when promoting your AmeriCorps Week activities. – Debbie Schuffenhauer, Associate Director, Washington Commission for National & Community Service governor_proclamation_color
Hey All! Need a little motivation to serve? Check out this article from March 19th’s Time Magazine.
A New Era Of Service
Volunteers of America is honored to open a second Spokane facility providing transitional housing for homeless and disabled veterans. This five-bedroom house, which will house up to six veterans at a time, is currently being renovated in a collaboration between Volunteers of America and the ESD 101 AmeriCorps Spokane Service Team (pictured above).
The Veterans Administration is covering 65 percent of the renovation, with additional support from Downtown Rotary Club 21 of Spokane. We need your help to gather the remaining 35 percent of the nearly $14,000 needed to make the home worthy of our veterans.